Chiappa Rhino Long Barrelled Revolver 9MM
The Chiappa Rhino 120DS is, quite possibly, the most innovative development in revolver technology in decades, if not since the creation of the revolver itself.
Unconventional in appearance and superior by performance, the Rhino fires from the bottom of the cylinder rather than the top. The result of this is twofold:-
1. That the recoil energy is directed almost straight back along your arm which reduces muzzle rise considerably
2. The stress on the frame during firing is at the bottom so the breech face has very little load on it at the top. This means that the frame can made from Aluminium and be very much lighter
What this means for the shooter is that we can have an LBR that is lighter than a standard 4” Smith & Wesson 686 and balances better than a conventional LBR. Single handed target shooting is now a viable option for even the smaller competitor.
The Chiappa Rhino Long Barrelled Revolver is machined from billet on CNC machinery, and all the components are made in-house, even the grips.
The standard 120 DS model is a 6-shot and will be available in either 9mm or .38/.357. All have the original sight radius of the 60DS Rhino, so are legal for WA1500, but with a 12” barrel and grip extension, factory fitted in Italy. The Rhino 120DS is proofed in Italy as a standard model, and imported as a Section 1 Long Barrel Revolver.
All are cut for the supplied full-moon clips, or can use L-frame speed loaders in the case of the .38/.357. The standard sights are Fibre-Optic front and rear with the option of plain black target sights.
An anodised aluminium sleeve is fitted to reduce the visual impact of the 12″ barrel.
Chiappa Rhino Long Barrelled Revolver Features:
- Long barrel and wrist extension to comply with UK firearms law.
- Aluminium alloy frame and barrel shroud to make the Rhino lightweight.
- Accessory rails on the bottom of the barrel shroud for mounting lights or lasers.
- Top rails for mounting optics.
- Snag resistant “hammer” is actually a cocking device because of the Rhino’s innovative completely enclosed firing mechanism which can be fired either single or double action.
- Cocked indicator is clearly visible to indicate the internal hammer status.
- Hexagonal cylinder which keeps the revolver’s width to a minimum.
- Fibre optic front sight.
- Barrel: 12″ heavy profile, 1:12 twist
- Calibre: 9mm Luger
- Finish: Black Satin
Revolver supplied complete with:
- 1 x Carry case
- 3 x Moon clips
- Instruction manual
The Chiappa Rhino Long Barrelled Revolver